Home » Google
Category Archives: Google
Intent of my blog
I am trying to express my views on the problem which i think google search pose to developers in terms of limiting the ability of software developer to solve problems.May be my point of view is totally irrelevant to many of you but i think getting every answer at the click of just one google search button leads to under-utilized brain.
In my personal day to day work whenever i am struck with some problem and i think i just can’t think more i just do a google search and try to find the solution to my problem. If the solution which i get by viewing the first few links(which we all normally do ) on google search page are relevant to my problem i will integrate(after understanding the solution) that piece of solution in my code and move to the next step/task.
Problem with this Approach
- Easy way to get solution :- Once you know that you can find every solution to your problem by googling it becomes a habit and most of the time without giving proper thought or applying your mind you just do google search.
- Brain not optimally used:- Because more than often we are relying on search results to give us the solution to our problems we tend to let search engine become our brain and leaving the brain we have do nothing.
- Lazy Developers :- This also leads to developers becoming lazy in solving there problems themselves.
- Solution doesn’t work as expected:- Because you are not giving your 100% in finding the solution to your problem leads to the another problem that you have not fully understood your problem and the solution you found by googling was just a partial or incomplete or even wrong solution.
- Time Waste :- It happens that you try to put time on solution which are not the actual solution to the problem leading you to tweaking the piece of code to work the way you want and finally if it doesn’t work you just delete the whole piece of code and start thinking in a better way.
Above mentioned are few of my concerns that i can think right now but i think there will be many.
Please share your thoughts also even if you think what i am saying is totally rubbish